Volunteers Needed & Local Available Resource List

As we enjoy the warmth of our homes illuminated by beautiful lamps, please do not forget that there are still families out there who are unable to enjoy these everyday luxuries.  The recovery continues and we must continue to help in the rebuild.  I currently know of two friends who have lost their homes.  It's truly heartbreaking. While I have not seen many images of the damage brought on by last week's storm, the Facebook post from one of the two friends touches my heart.

Never cared LESS about fashion & appearance until I had to wear the same two outfits for a whole week!


Never appreciated my running faucet, flushing toilets, heat & electricity so much until I LOST Them!! And its been quite a while that I had so many emotions stirring inside that they were indescribable. For those who don't know, the City of Long Beach is unrecognizable in every way you could possibly think, and I still can't believe that I live here because it feels like a dream or a movie set or something.

I am still eternally grateful that my life and the lives of my family and friends were spared by Sandy because so many were not. Now I am determined to get on the good foot (literally, my left foot is still in surgical tape and bandages) and do whatever I can to help those who lost more than I did in this tragic storm!

Maurice Moe Mitchell
 said it best, Let's Rebuild Together!

Forever Community, Forever Long Beach


Here's How You Can Help

A great online source to follow on Facebook is Long Island Hurricane Sandy Support and Information.

The City of Long Beach Needs YOUR Help!! Retweet Long Beach, New York (@LongBeach11561): How You Can Help To volunteer, please call 516-301-0932.

Oceanside Community Service is looking for volunteers to pack up and deliver hot meals and blankets to the people who are freezing and forgotten in Oceanside. Please meet at the Oceanside High School between 1 and 3pm on Brower Avenue. Any Questions call the rec 678-9338

Volunteers are in desperate need at the following locations 8600 Shore Front Parkway and The Rockaway Beach Surf Club at 302 Beach 87th St in Rockaway Beach. Please being with you a pen and paper.


Local Resources (updated as info becomes available)
Rockville Centre Recreation Center has clothing, coats, shoes, food, baby items, and more.
Bethlehem Assembly of God - (516) 561-6150


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment