So You Want To Blog?

Over the last few weeks, I have been asked by many to share some tips and info on blogging.  I'm happy to share a few tips with you if you're serious about it.  If you're in it just to make money, you can forget it.  Online sources say that most bloggers do not see much income from blogging until way after your first year.  I would say they are pretty much right on the money.  Before you start blogging, ask yourself a few questions:

  1. Why do I want to blog?
  2. What's my niche?
  3. What do I hope to accomplish?
  4. Do I have time to blog?
If you can answer these four questions easily and honestly, then you're ready to blog. Before I go on, I have to share a not-so-secret with you.  I am a SAHM and have been for almost five years, but I am also have a Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations.  I received my training in the world's largest indoor/outdoor museum, The Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village, among many other projects.  I'm a natural communicator and always feel the need to inform others of what's going on.


Prior to the creation of ValleyStreamMom.com I had another blog.  I fell into blogging while serving as the Brooklyn Executive Director for the  Miss America Scholarship Program pageant system for a few years.  Many of my girls kept their fans updated on their appearances and pageant prep.  Some were very wordy and some were precise and to the point.  I like precise and to the point.  I'm still working on that.  

My first blog was also about being a mommy but was sort of all over the place.  It was a good blog in design and some content, but I was all over the place.  I didn't have a niche.  I finally found my niche after doing a little research in my area.  I didn't just do the research in a day.  I took the time.  Now, I can't write my content fast enough.

Next post: What NOT To Do In Blogging

Question: Why do you want to blog?





Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment