Weekend "To Do's"

A complaint has recently come in that there isn't anything to do of interest on this Sunday's calendar.  This person, my husband, is searching for an activity for the children to keep them busy while I'm hanging out in Toledo, OH with my family.  So here's a list of weekend "To Do's" including Sunday, just for you honey.

If you see the calendar for tonight, there are a few options. Teens can head on over to the VS Library for Scrabble which has a special place in my heart.  My husband proposed to me in the middle of Central Park with the words spelled out on a Scrabble board.  I used to beat him every time we played.  He won that time.

Clear Stream Elementary is hosting a Hispanic Heritage Night beginning at 7 p.m.  I hear it's going to be an amazing, cultural experience featuring performances, poetry, and more.  They usually have snacks, so head on over.  It's FREE!

There is so much going on Saturday that I want to refer you to the calendar for the rundown. I would love to see Freckleface at the Elmont Public Library.  Beforehand, you can participate in the Art of Perception Social Media workshop at the library as well.  I personally know the facilitator and she knows her stuff.  I'm thinking about hosting a social media workshop for moms since we're a hot group these days.

There's a host of Fall Festivals all ready for you here.  Mr. Thomas, Dees Nursery Fall Festival is this Saturday AND Sunday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.  There is also the Arts Below Sunrise Music and Arts Festival takes place in Hewlett-Woodmere Sunday starting at 10:30 a.m.  Children's authors and activities.

Gotta run to tap.  I will continue to update this page all weekend.

Tah tah!

Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kim for promoting my workshop at Elmont Library. It's an honor to be mentioned on Valley Stream Mom blog. You're doing such great things in the community!! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete