VS Community Fest: What A Day!

I have truly enjoyed seeing all of the amazing photos on Facebook this weekend as well as all of the kind words people have been sharing about their VS Community Fest experience.  It indeed was a great day to see Valley Streamers come down to support this event.  The weather was a little iffy in the early morning, but with all of the prayers and rain dances it stayed away.


"Enjoyed the many performances given today! And loveeeed the amount of local vendors! Who knew Valley Stream had so much to offer! We officially signed up with gym 4 kidz and did soo much networking! It was a great day for all!" - Shanna Llewellyn

I enjoyed coordinating the Children's Area and have so many more ideas for next year.  Weren't the performances entertaining?  Thank you to David Sabatino and Jamie Giordano for their vision and desire to bring the community together.  The entire team was great to work with as well.  It was a great joy to see all of the festival goers stop to watch the children of VS and nearby communities perform.  The diversity of talents and offerings here in the Village were truly represented this weekend, wasn't it?




I loved all of the visitors who stopped by my ValleyStreamMom.com booth to make a pumpkin pendant, enter our raffle, have a face or cheek painted, and to make a donation to my Sparkle Empowerment Program for Girls.  Aren't they a great group of girls?  Their energy is contagious!  They keep me young.  I'll post photos of them later.  The organization went home with over $130 in donations! But the bad news is that the pumpkins one of the girls personally decorated walked away.....they were raffle prizes.  Oh well...


"Sorry I missed a wonderful day, was home sick, but I did the rain dance in my head to keep the rain away." - Beverly Fisher Martin

As one of the event coordinators, I was unable to visit the 120+ vendors or so and only walked to the show mobile during the Mayor's address and walked right back.  I hear the festival was amazing.
Thanks again for supporting the VS Community Fest and ValleyStreamMom.com.  See you at the 2nd Annual "Wear it Again" Costume Party on November 4th.  (Details are in the left sidebar)


"I thought Miss Valley Stream's performance was wonderful!!!" - Natalie Cange

"I had the best day!!! Loved every minute!!!!" - Eva Faith Ballia Fowley

"We are blessed to live in such a diverse community. I enjoyed seeing people share their diverse talents and culture. The young lady who sang Halo really needs to audition for American Idol. My daughter was afraid, but I enjoyed the Dragon Dancers from Valley Stream South. I'm biased because they were my guests and teach at Layla's Dance & Drum, but I looooved Stan's Pepper Steppers, New York's BEST Double Dutch Team!! I could go on and on the event was AMAZING!!" - Layla's Dance & Drum

"Everything was great! Hope they do it again next year!!!!" - Nancy Wasek


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment