Weekend Finds: Peppa Pig, Jester Jim, Cinderella, and Laura Berkner Hit Nassau County

My head is spinning.  Why?  I'm headed back to The White House.  Yes, THE WHITE HOUSE.  Wait a second... my lap top is running hot.  I'm logging off for a few, going to fold some laundry while it cools off and I'll be right back.


I'm back.  The computer just needed a little time out.  Back to business.  I have alot going on this weekend so I have to keep this post short and to the point.  I'm sure you would like to know my itinerary so here it goes.  I am hosting the Sparkle Empowerment Program for Girls Mentor Appreciation & Board Installation event on Sunday.  I'm hoping to see KC and the Sunshine Band so I can "get down tonight" but must tidy up, pack, shop for a birthday gift, and attend a political event.  I then must run off to Washington, DC to attend the White House African American Women's Forum on Monday at 8:30 a.m.  I'll share with you in a detailed post next week what was discussed but some of the topics will be education, economic mobility, entrepreneurship, health and finding our purpose and balance.  This conversation should be interesting.
Playing at Valley Stream State Park on Saturday @ 2 p.m.

Back to business. Here's what's popping this weekend in Valley Stream and surrounding communities:

Friday 
Darlene Graham @ Lynbrook Library - 2 p.m. (cardholders receive preference)
Reach for the Stars Teen Talent Contest - Eisenhower Park


Saturday
Peppa Pig Meet & Greet @ Green Acres Mall - 11 a.m.  3 p.m.
Jester Jim @ Valley Stream State Park - 2 p.m.
KC and the Sunshine Band will be at Eisenhower Park - 7:30 p.m.
Oceanside Summer Fair
Rapunzel: A Tangled Fairytale - Sat/Sun

Sunday
Children's Day @ Eisenhower Park - 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Cinderella by Plaza Productions at Eisenhower Park (FREE) - 6 p.m.
Laura Berkner Band @ LIU Tilles Center - 1 p.m. ($$)

Enjoy your weekend!


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment