Weekend To Do's: Nassau County Strawberry Festival

 

This is one of my favorite times of year.  No, not because it's warm out.  Not because school is almost out.  Well, maybe because now we get to sleep in a little later.  I like this time of year because strawberries are in season.  With this juicy fruit it can be hit or miss.  You really don't know what you're going to get once you bite into it until it's too late.  I'm not one of those people who freely pick up fruit and pop it in their mouths while AT the grocery store.  To me, that's stealing and I like my fruit washed before consuming.  Yes, I'm a prude at some things and this is one of them.

This time of year strawberries are in season, at their peak, and just as sweet as they can be.  The best strawberries are of course the organic ones, but with them being as sweet and delicious as they are right now, a little pesticide won't hurt.  Well, I take that back.  They are on the list of foods best to eat organic.  Strawberries absorb a lot of poison through their thin skins. You can't peel a strawberry, either. 

Nassau County Strawberry Festival
BOCES School
2200 Jerusalem
Bellemore, NY 11710
Thursday, May 31st - Sunday, June 3rd
Hours of Operation

Other weekend To Do's:

Home Depot Kids Workshop - Build An Organizer
Saturday, June 2nd
Time: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.

See Calendar for additional events





Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment