Review: Mother's Day Meal - Season's 52

Yesterday, my dear family treated me to dinner at Roosevelt Field Mall's newest restaurant, Seasons 52.  I am simply loving this restaurant and am already looking forward to returning.  The kids loved it as well.  The menu boasts entrees with fresh seasonal ingredients 475 calories and below. How do I know?  It says it on the menu.  One trick I did notice is that the dessert menu is totally separate.  Sneaky, but smart!


My starving offspring dove into this Ripe Plum Tomato Flatbread with fresh basil, roasted garlic essence and melted Parmesan cheese.  I don't know if they thought it was pizza or not but they loved this appetizer.


My health conscious husband ordered Edema me and guess who dove in as well?  It's good to expose children to new foods.  My daughter, like myself, didn't care for it at all. I'm not a huge fan of peas or anything remotely close.


My son trying his best to pop the Edema me.  I ended up popping them while I ate my appetizer.



 I had a less healthier, but still somewhat healthy, option than my husband.  I had the Roasted Shrimp, Lump Crab & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms under Parmesan-panko crust which was piping hot.  However, I learned to take it out of the dish, hold it on the fork for a minute or so just so it could cool off.  This dish was heavenly!


This is how I held it and this is the mouthful in its entirety, button mushroom and all.


Both of my offspring ordered individual pizzas which also weren't on the menu.  I wonder how many calories each pizza was.  I don't count calories for my kids but we do try our best to feed them a balanced diet.  One criticism is that they didn't have apple juice on the menu for the kids.  The only option presented was watered down orange juice from the bar.  They drank water.


 I ordered the *Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon with Yukon Gold garlic mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and roasted mushrooms.  The filet didn't have as much seasoning as I personally like, but the steak sauce on the side more than made up for it. Yum!


Hubby, showing me up once again, ordered the Grilled Boneless Rainbow Trout with parsley new potatoes, roasted vegetables and broiled lemon. I tasted a bit and realized that I'm not a Trout girl.

This is what our plates looked like post meal.

My meal


Both kids finished their pizza, well my daughter helped my son with his last 2 slices...


Hubby's plate - I guess neither of us are fans of cooked carrots.


...and then the desserts came out.  They're presented as miniature dessert shots.  On the plate are (not in this order) Key Lime Pie, Old Fashioned Carrot Cake, Rocky Road, Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse, Mocha Macchiato and Pecan Pie.


We had one Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse...  


...and three Rocky Road shots.  Each dessert was $2.50 each. Not bad at all!

Review:

I would definitely go back to this restaurant and sample many of the other seasonally fresh dishes on the menu.  Their is a piano in the middle of the bar with live entertainment.  The pianist looked a bit young, but I can appreciate a talented youngster.  I would suggest that if a restaurant has a children's menu that they offer children's beverages in plastic cups.  The table setting was elegant, they even offered the choice of white or black linen, upon arrival.  I'm not sure why that's necessary but I guess everyone has a preference.  I would also recommend that the restaurant remove the wine glass the moment they see children coming to the table.  A very thin wine glass at another table was tipped over and broken when a teenager sat down.  Our children were pretty well occupied this time, but I would recommend that you take a little entertainment such as coloring books, etc. to pass the time before the appetizers are delivered. 

While other guests were circling the parking lot looking for a parking space, Seasons 52 had complimentary valet parking.  While others were at the neighboring restaurant to it's immediate left standing outside waiting for 45-60 minutes for a table, we walked right in with our reservation.  I don't believe a reservation is necessary, but it is recommended.  Overall, Seasons 52 is a great pre-movie dinner spot and/or post movie/shopping place for a nice appetizer, dessert, or cocktail. Or maybe all three.

Question:  Where did you and your family spend Mother's Day?  Would you consider eating at Season's 52?  Would you take your children?


Seasons 52
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 248-5252

This location offers:
  • Live Entertainment Nightly
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Online Reservations
  • Chef's Table
  • Complimentary Valet Parking
  • Group Event Dining
  • Party rooms are available
Monday - Friday
Open
11:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Open
4:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
(11:00 P.M. on Friday)
Saturday - Sunday
Open
11:30 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Sunday
Open
11:30 A.M. - 10:00 P.M.


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment