Expos, Dog Parks, Greening Valley Stream, and Imagination Movers

Before my gas tank runs empty, I need to unload a few events on you coming up FAST this weekend.  The event of the season for moms/parents is going down at the New York Science Museum on Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.  After you leave the opening ceremony for the new Valley Stream Dog Park which happens at 11 a.m., you may want to pay a visit to our friends Queens Mamas who have worked diligently at presenting such an awesome event.

Can't make it to the NYSCI? Pay a visit to Home Depot instead for a "Clean, Green, and Valley Stream" Community event you won't want to miss.  From 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. you find anything from a kid's workshop, raffles, bouncy house, cotton candy, balloon animals, pinatas, live animals, Zumba dancing, live music, sports clinic and much more.

It's Cinco De Mayo this weekend and I haven't heard of any celebrations happening in the community.  If you know of one, please let me know.  In the meantime, here are some Awesome Margarita recipes from FoodieCityMom.com that I just might try after the kiddies are fast asleep of course.  A little historical tidbit, Cinco De Mayo should not be confused with Mexico's Independence Day but the victory of the Mexican militia over the French Army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  Yeah, I didn't know either.

On Sunday, May 6th, the Rockville Centre Recreation Center is hosting a Children's Marketplace from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. where you can find oodles and oodles of gently used baby items.  Strollers, high chairs, play things, shoes and toys will fill the center. I'm on the fence about becoming a vendor.  Well, I'm off the fence now and won't be a vendor but still may attend.  I do have tons of stuff to donate but I also know that House of Hope is looking for clothing for toddlers.  I may drop a few bags off with them knowing that my children's old clothing will go to a child in need.  It's your decision of course on what to do with your items. 

The Imagination Movers are rockin' out in Westbury this Sunday to the tune of $85/ticket for orchestra. Isn't the television show cancelled?  Well, without reading too much into it, looks like these guys were a band BEFORE the Disney deal and remained a band afterwards.  Good for them.  My daughter loved the opening and closing songs to the show!  Turn around, turn around, turn around....

Check back for updates this weekend.  Gotta run to my son's Mother's Day Tea now.  Camera. Check.  Tissue. Check.  I'm going to be a mess. 

Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment