Roll Around At Rockville Centre Recreation

Today, I took two munchkins to Rockville Centre Recreation's Roll Around program.  My son and I have been going ever since the middle of September and today, we decided to make a play date out of it.  During the day, you will find a much younger crowd with the oldest being about 3.5 (my child) and the others are a mixed crowd of new and somewhat seasoned walkers.   The room is filled with soft obstacle course type toys (find definition) that you would find at a gymnastics gymnasium.  Mats are everywhere so if one tumbles from running too fast or jumping off of the bouncy, chances are a boo boo won't follow.
The staff of one to approximately 40 kids is okay because mommies, daddies, and nannies are encouraged to join in, or stand around and wait until needed which is what I do most times.  Well, today I actively participated by chasing two 3 year olds around while being complimented on how well my twins play together.  Wait, what?  If you're going to read a book or catch up on email while your tot plays, this isn't the place for you.  I take reading material every time I go and have yet to read it.

I do have one soft criticism and suggestion.  Although optional, I think all kids and parents should take their shoes off.  I say this because the crawlers are crawling and the new walkers are always falling and touching the floor with their little hands.  I also suggest that a hand sanitizer dispenser be placed inside/outside the room for immediate use going in and coming out of the play area.  This could also be used for the basketball players when Roll Around is all rolled up for the day.

I paid $90 for a punch card with 10 sessions during the Fall session, giving me a discount of $10, but I see they have reduced the rate to 10 for $80.  Sounds like it's a pretty successful program they have going.  I do admit that going EVERY week was a bit much for me as I do appreciate variety so you may want to buy a 5 pack card.  However, my tot didn't complain at all.  Roll Around at the Rec is definitely Kid friendly.  Mother approved.

Roll Around

Gym activity for parents and children that stimulates natural learning in an environment designed to challenge the child’s sensory-motor capabilities.  WINTER Roll Around Fun cards are good from Jan. 1 thru April 15, 2012, open sessions begin on Mon. Jan. 2. Roll Around is appropriate for ages 12 months through age 4.

SUNDAY  9:15-10:30am   
MONDAY 12:30-1:30 or 1:30-2:30pm (2 different sessions)
TUESDAY  9:30-10:30 or 10:30-11:30am (2 different sessions)
THURSDAY 9:30-10:30 or 10:30-11:30am (2 different sessions)
SATURDAY  9:00-10:00am  or 10:00-11:00 (2 different sessions)
FUN CARDS ARE SOLD IN 5-PACKS ($45) ~ 10-PACKS ($80) ~ 15-PACKS ($110).  Single day is $12.  Fee is per family.  One person in family must have a current Recreation Membership Card. 
Birthday parties available for $170 - $230

Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment