Costume Discounters - Review


There is no such thing as winter, spring, summer, and fall.  In my household there is summer (camp and vacation), back to school season, Halloween season, and Christmas season when it comes to preparing our children for the important things in life.  Well, to them anyway.  My youngest was Thomas the Tank Engine and this year Thomas the Tank Engine is the costume of choice.   I have a few weeks to change his mind.
So my search for the perfect costume began last week and as a blogger I was so happy to be given the opportunity to review the products from Costume Discounters.  After browsing the easy to navigate website, I selected the new Butterfly Princess costume, which retails for $39.97 today (could increase because last week it was under $35), for my eldest who will wear or want anything as long as it has “princess” in the word.  The costume is surprisingly made from a better quality of material than many costumes you find in toy stores or discount retail stores.  Remember the plastic costumes that came in identical cardboard boxes purchased from the grocery store?  Memories…. 
The size concerned me a bit because it came in 4 – 6, and then jumped to 8 – 10.  My eldest is between a 6/7 so I opted for the smaller size and it was a great fit!  Accompanied with leggings (too cold for tights as the kids trick or treat outdoors) and black boots, my eldest will definitely stand out amongst the gazillion other fairytale princesses.  The zipper ran smoothly into position without snagging one time.  The costume package photo is exactly what I got with no surprises.  I do think the black lacing in the front was a bit loose unlike what’s show in the packaging, but not a big deal on my end.  The antenna was made from pipe cleaners that don’t exactly cooperate when you reposition them so you may want to make your own or search for a better alternative.  I now wonder how could a costume have the word princess in the description and not pack a tiara or crown with the costume.  I’m a pageant girl and yes, there is a difference.  The wings were the perfect size and fit well.  All in all, I would definitely order from Costume Discounters.


0 comments:

Post a Comment