Swimming Lessons @ the VS Pool




First, the photo above is not my Guppy, but isn't he cute? My Guppy and I began swim classes this week with other Guppies and their mommies. My Guppy was already a seasoned swimmer, well as seasoned as a new 3 year old can be, since beginning swim at the age of 16 months. He was not progressing after spending oodles of money and sacrificing Saturday mornings, so we decided to try another program to see if it would make a difference. We arrived at the front gate and realized that I forgot to pick up our family pool pass. No problem, however I did have my temp pool pass or else I don’t think I would have been able to enter the pool area. I’m glad that the staff is doing their job, but my suggestion is that the front desk should have a list of enrolled swimming students to help with anyone, such as myself, who may have forgotten their pass or other potential issues. We approached the pool and found another class in session. My son and I entered the cold water which was very different from the indoor heated pool we were used to. The humidity also kills the hair, so I guess I should count my blessings.

Our swim instructors, Christina and Nichole (memorable not only because of their pleasing personalities, but because I have a cousin and sister with the same names), began the class with the “The Wheels on the Bus” which was an instant hit. After only completing two lines of the childhood favorite, my Guppy quickly informed them that they forgot to do the baby, wipers, and mommy lines. He’s such a perfectionist. So, without hesitation we complete the song to satisfy the very outspoken Guppy of the group.

My Guppy and I enjoyed the 40 –minute class with other Valley Stream Guppies and their parents. It’s not a bad investment to teach your child to swim while having 1 on 1 time with him or her twice a week.

Are you a member of the pool? Why or why not?
Do you recommend the aquatic program? Is your child enrolled in the program? If so, what class?

Children’s Swimming Lessons

Cost: $40/child/session for children 18 months – 12 years

Session I – June 27 – July 20
Session II – July 25 – August 17

Classes offered in 40-minute increments between 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.

Please visit http://www.valleystreamvillage.org/ for additional details and http://www.swimdot.com/ for information on the VS Swim Team.


0 comments:

Post a Comment