Andrea Bocelli Shows Moms & Baby Love During Brooklyn Concert

Five years ago, we packed up our belongings, sold our place within 2 days just blocks from the monstrous arena and moved to Long Island.  I waddled into Valley Stream, NY ready to return to suburban life where I practically grew up back in Ohio.  I had an almost 2 year old in tow and was about 3.5 months pregnant when we moved....7 days before Christmas.  What were we thinking?

Last night, my husband and I went to see Andrea Bocelli at Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, NY, the project that sent us packing and running for LI.  This concert was beyond amazing.  We arrived at the theatre famished and soon found ourselves buying hot and spicy chicken sandwiches and fingers.  Once the burn subsided, we settled into our seats to hear such an amazingly talented Italian Tenor.

Wow.

I immediately heard a selection performed so many different ways of wrong during my life as a pageant director for Miss America, but thought that I may enjoy this concert after all.  It was my husband's idea to buy the extremely expensive tickets. His ring tone was once Con te patiro and yes, he will break out in song at any given moment.

Other selections he sang were Amazing Grace, New York, New York, which was surprising yet welcoming given that he was in New York, the greatest city EVER. It was fun to hear him sing the song synonymous with pizza commercials...whose title eludes me right now.  He also sang wedding favorite, Ava Maria.  But what surprised me is that he sang OUR wedding song, The Prayer. I was soon reminded that this song was first sang by Bocelli and Celion Dion but we chose it based on the version sang by gospel greats Donnie McClurkin and Yolanda Adams.  It was just as beautiful last night as it was sang on our wedding day almost 10 years ago which quickly brought light tears to my eyes.  Sigh....

Courtesy of Tumblr
What brought everyone happiness and anxiety at the same time was when his wife brought out their daughter who looked about 7-8 months old.  He sang with her in his arms and the looks on her face, such as "What is HE doing?" and the moment she reached for the microphone..and he stopped her were priceless.  He held her in an awkward football hold.  Then he whipped her above his head and placed her on his shoulders.  I almost passed out.  Why?  Bocelli is blind and he felt her reaching for the microphone.  He didn't miss one note, deviate from the song, and his daughter didn't make one peep. Priceless!

Bocelli also paid homage to mothers across the world from today and waaay back in the day given the vintage movies displayed on the monitors as he sang, Mamma. Being a mother and able to appreciate classical music made the evening even more sweeter.

Aside from my irritating neighbor who bobbed her head to classical music, fidgeted during the entire concert, and kept twisting in her seat blocking my view too many times, I had a wonderful evening.  Oh! There were two ladies singing with him who were breathtaking as well.  I didn't catch their names but man their voices were beautiful.  It's just not fair how much talent one person can have any other none at all.

Last night was his only performance in New York.  Click here to see where he'll be next.

Time to say goodbye!



Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom. 

1 comment:

  1. great to visit your site and always had great content here keep posted top class and unargumented meterial on your site people will definatly
    enjoy thisthanks agains :

    ReplyDelete