Reality Check: He's Going to Leave You

I am a mess this week. It just hit me that he will leave me one day. There's nothing I can do about it. I actually want him to leave. He can't stay here.  I don't want him to. I want him to be the man he is supposed to be. It's up to us to make sure he is.


It all started yesterday during Kindergarten registration. I love that he is soon to begin his formal education.  My son is smart as a whistle. He's been reading since he was 39 months old. He entered nursery school and within a month or so the teacher asked him to read to the class.  I am excited for his future.

Now that he's going to school next year, that means he's 13 years away from going off to college. He's leaving me.  He is growing out of his clothes less than 3 months after I bought him a new school wardrobe.  He is now eating everything, most times, on his plate. He is playing Brain Pop and getting most questions right.

A bus will pick him up to take him away from me next year.  I don't know if I can handle this. He will be able to handle this but for me, it's a symbol of independence. He wont need me as much anymore. 

I am a mess.

Why have kids?  They're going to leave you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment