Why I Don't Share EVERYTHING

When I first started this blog, it was solely for the purpose of letting you know what's going on in and around Valley stream and the surrounding villages and occasionally NYC.  That's still the case but as I subscribe to other blogs and blogger tutorials helping me understand what types of posts send readers to a blog, I have come to realize that it's best to provide content on various subjects.

After starting this blog in a blogless community, others have popped up.  I'm cool with that because there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.  Just don't steal my content.  You know how you are.  However, ValleyStreamMom.com is more than just a mommy blog. Yes, I share events and even give my opinion on a few things and share my experiences.  However, I try hard not to share EVERYTHING for so many reasons.

My children are providing me with so much potential content that I wouldn't be able to keep up if I could.  They are 6.5 and 4 years old so you know there are a lot of interesting things being said and done in our home.  But that's just it.  Shouldn't these things be kept private or do you want to know how many times a child pooped in the toilet today or the first time my son stood up to go potty?  Probably not.  Their personal accomplishments should remain private, right?

What I WILL share with you are things that have teachable moments in them.  Like for instance how mortified I was the time my child asked me the SECOND an overweight man walked by, "Why is his belly so big?" and how I handled it.  Yikes!  I will share soon my newly developed anxieties as a mother and how I sometimes feel I'm potentially screwing up my children's lives.

I really enjoy sharing what the current administration is doing for women and children and will continue to share that with you.  Even if we have a new President in 2013.  I just hope women and children remain a high priority.

I truly believe that keeping the lives of my family private should remain a high priority.  My husband is a politician and well, that alone is all I need to say.

STFU, Parents blogger reveals self, still doesn't want to hear about poop - TODAYMoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment