Field Trip Anxiety

My peanut 2 years ago
I'm trying to hold it together.  This Friday, my son, only son, preschooler, last child, my baby will be going on his first field trip without me next to him.  I mean, I will be there to meet him at the field trip location but this is the first time I'll be putting him on a bus without me sitting right next to him.

I'm so anxious about this.

My daughter went on the same exact field trip 2 years ago, so what is my problem?  He's my baby.  This is it folks. I think part of it is that he's so little.  He's 9 months younger than she was when my daughter went on the trip.  They're actually 2.5 years apart by birth but she was older and bigger.  He's average for his size but he's still my little peanut.

I really don't know who will be on the bus with him.  I don't know ANYTHING about the bus driver and his record.  AND he'll be on the school bus without me for at least 20-25 miles.  I could drive him to the location and meet up with the others, right?  My God, I'm a nut case.

But he has to go on the bus without me.  Next year he'll be starting Kindergarten   Geez, I'll be a nut bag when that day comes as well.

What would you do?


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could offer you avise which would make you feel better, but unfortunately I can't. My 5 year old started Kindergarten this year and watching him get on that bus left me in a state of panic, followed by a severe case of anxiety which went away after about 30 minutes of crying!!! See, I'm no help. What I will tell you is that the entire experience was much worse for me than for him. He happily climbed on that bus with the biggest proudest smile I have ever seen on his face. He was ready...the one who wasn't was me! :( Hang in there mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right. They don't have a care in the world and see themselves as big kids doing big things. They are totally trusting unlike us at times. I will get through this but will not allow him to take the bus back. We ate meeting dad for lunch who.works nearby. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete