Weekend "To Do's"

Good morning!  It appears that Valley Stream will be a bit quiet around here in regards to events, but the good thing about living in Valley Stream is that we're close to so many great communities who also host family friendly events and activities.  Not to mention the local institutions that are filled with weekend activities.

Stop by the annual block party hosted by Bethlehem Assembly of God on Sunday from 5p - 8p where you will enjoy entertainment, snacks, kid's rides and giveaways.  We attended last year and had a good time!  The event takes place on East Fairview and Rockaway.  There was a bouncy last year, and I can't remember if socks were required.  It's summer....who wears socks in the summer?

The Valley Stream library's summer reading program ends tomorrow so be sure to stop by and submit your reading slips by close of business.  I admit that I neglected to stay on top of it with the weekly reporting, but the kids read at least one book each day.  They should definitely be rewarded for their dedication.

Today and during the weekend, the Long Island Children's Museum has a host of activities you'll definitely want to see.  Today, the El Louie Show begins at 1:30 p.m. which your children will love!

It's closing weekend for "Rapunzel A Tangled Fairytale" which you just HAVE to see.  Take a look at my review and then put it on your to do list.  You can thank me later for it.

If you're in a concert going mood, the Wiggle are at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury on Sunday for their final concert tour with the originals. I think that's what I heard.  My little ones are out of that stage and have moved on to other groups, but you should definitely check this concert out. Parking is free!

As always, the town/village pools and beaches are open this weekend and with just a few short weeks left to take advantage of them you should definitely put swimming on your to do list.  Let's just hope the weather cooperates.

And last but not least, put school shopping on your list this weekend.  There are going to be more great sales.  I'll do my best to keep you updated on great deals that I find.

Have a great weekend and check back for updates to the daily calendar which I can update at a moments notice.



Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom. Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment