Danse Xpressions Presents "The Wiz" Today!

Ease on down to the Village Bandshell tomorrow at 4 p.m. for Danse Xpressions' rendition of "The Wiz."  I stopped by the dance camp yesterday morning to snap a few photos and I immediately became excited when I learned they were doing this piece.  I can't say this enough but I LOVE THE WIZ! It is and will always be my favorite musical.  I even sang a song or two from the soundtrack during my pageant days.  But this is not about me and my longing to play Dorothy while easing down the road.


It's about the talented youngsters ranging from Munchkins, literally, to teens who have dedicated their summer vacation to learning new dance moves and lines in order to bring you their rendition of The Wiz.  For FREE!!!


Now the school isn't presenting the piece line by line, dance move by dance move.  They are putting their very own flavor on it.  What's also interesting is that all of the costumes were created by the dancers themselves during the arts and craft portion of the summer camp.


Are you excited yet?  Bring your lawn chair, blanket, snack and excitement to see this amazing performance by Valley Stream's talented youth.

Danse Expression Presents
"The Wiz"

Thursday, August 9th @ 4 p.m. 
(Arrive at 3:30 p.m. to secure your spot)
Incorporated Village of Valley Stream Band Shell
(Adjacent to the Henry Waldinger Memorial Library)

(516) 825-1920


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.





0 comments:

Post a Comment