Kids Can Cook Their Way to the #White House


I know it's Wordless Wednesday, but I just HAD to share this with you.  I love to view blogs that focus on event planning, and with the White House posting photos of the various events on one of my favorite blogs, Obama Foodorama, I happened across this amazing opportunity for children!
Let's Move, Epicurious, the Department of Education and USDA is teaming up for the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge and is inviting parents of kids ages 8 - 12 to send in an original recipe for a nutritious and delicious lunch.  Now, I can't participate because my little ones are ages 6 and almost 5.  Darnit!  I'm not creative in the kitchen anyway so I had no shot to begin with, but you just might.
Why this contest?
"We all want to ensure that our kids are eating nutritious, delicious food at every meal, and as a mom I know that parents are always looking for new ideas to make that happen,” said First Lady Michelle Obama. “With parents and kids all across the country getting creative in the kitchen, I know we'll find healthy meals that every family will enjoy.  And I can’t wait to try the kids’ creations myself.”
Here are the rules and please follow them.  I would love to hear that a family from our community received an invitation.  I'll gladly chaperone if you can't attend.  

Submission deadline is June 17th.  Hurry up!  Stop reading and start creating!!!

Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment