Spring Fashion, Princesses, and Joey Bonsai



Before I start my action packed day, I wanted to let you know about a few events coming up.  First thing this morning, I received an email from the Theatre at Westbury. Look for Snow White on July 24th, Beauty and the Beast on July 17th, and Cinderella on August 7th.  Looks like they have the three major princesses covered for the summer.  I'm not sure which one I'll try to see.  I truly hope the performances are Broadway quality.

Mark your calendar for this weekend when the Henry Waldinger Memorial Library will host "From Sea to Shining Sea: Iditarod Stories @ 2 p.m. for grades K-6 with a parent/caregiver.  Tickets are required. 

Mocha Moms is hosting a Spring Renew YOU Fashion Show & Beauty Fundraiser at the American Legion here in Valley Stream.  Tickets are available online or at the door for $10 (members) and $15 (non-members).  The event will feature a runway fashion show, fashion tips, make up and image consulting, raffles, and much more.  This is kid-free zone so find a sitter!

Home Depot will host the "Clean, Green, and Valley Stream" Community event on Saturday, May 5th from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.  I'll try to get my hands on an official flyer to post but you can expect a kid's workshop, raffles, bouncy house, cotton candy, balloon animals, pinatas, live animals, Zumba dancing, live music, sports clinic and much more.   Oh, and they say that Joey Bonsai will be back by popular demand.  I have no idea who Joey is but if he's the guy who sits at the front of the store with a pair of shears and a plant, I'm in.  He seems pretty knowledgeable.  If this is the guy, I asked him if Ivy will grow in shaded areas.  He said, "Ivy will grow in your living room floor if you water it!"  Heeelarious!


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment