Kid's Festivals, Health Fairs, and More This Saturday

There is sooo much going on today I don't know where to begin.  My bestie since the 6th grade is coming to visit from Columbia, MD to attend the New Edition concert with me.  My hubby surprised me with two tickets for my birthday and a necklace with a crown pendant.  What do you know, after 13 years of being with him, he really does know me. 


So, what to do this weekend? On my list of possibilities is of course the 9 a.m. ballet class which I look forward to the end of the year.  After ballet, we may stop by the Rolling River Day Camp Festival from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.  I know the kids will love this.  If there's at least one bouncy, and there is, they will love it.  Not only that, but there will be carnival rides, crafts, and outdoor bowling.  That alone is worth a drive by.  My 3 year old LOVES bowling. The event is free, but ride ticket sales benefit Valley Stream's Peninsula Counseling Center.

Memorial Junior High School will be the host for the Franklin General Hospital Health Fair beginning at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. on school grounds.  The school calendar says 9 a.m. but the LI Herald says 10 a.m.  Show up at 9:30 a.m. LOL). "Making Healthy Connections" is the theme and will host FREE screening s for glaucoma (I hate that puff of air!), hearing, blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes for those 18+.  I don't think that hospital has a pediatrics department which could be the reason why kids won't be screened.  Hmmm...sounds like an opportunity there. South High School is also hosting a Wellness Fair and Food Drive Collection beginning at 10 a.m.

Then of course there's opening day for the Valley Stream Baseball League taking place on Fireman's Field at 10 a.m.  But wasn't there just an opening day last week?  Yes, but it was for the Valley Stream Little League.  I was confused as well when I saw both dates posted. We were at Disney World last week so we missed it.  If someone can send me an active link to the baseball league, please do.  The one I have is dead.

From 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. the Long Island League of 100 Black Women is hosting their 19th Annual Youth Forum for girls 10 - 18, free for girls and $21 for adults.  The event will take place at Molloy College in Rockville Centre.  At least one of my girls from Sparkle Empowerment Program for Girls will represent our group. To join Sparkle, you can find an application here which is due May 18th.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing so if you want to add an event not listed, feel free to leave a comment below.  Enjoy your Saturday!

If you're in the mood for a Sunday evening Zumba party, please stop by Tropix FitnezZ and Dance Studio for the Zumba with Sparkle Party at 7 p.m.  Click here for details.
Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment