South High School Offers FREE Preschool

If you have pre-school hopefuls at home, now is the time to test the waters for both your bunchkin and you.  I think you need a dry run to see how strong you are and to have an idea of how many tissues you will need on the official first day of preschool or even Kindergarten in the fall.

Two years ago, I took my almost first grader to South High School's pre-school program and she loved it.  I don't recall smelling chocolate chip cookies during pick up as I did during North High School's preschool earlier this year, but my son was pretty happy with the program.  He still asks. "Mommy, what school am I going to today?" I say, "You're going to nursery school." He replies with a sigh.  I don't think he realizes how young he is sometimes.

According to the Valley Stream Herald, the program will include games, educational projects, and activities based on a daily theme related to books created and written by the high school students.  I highly recommend this program and would be right there with you if the dates/times worked with our existing class schedule.  Lord knows that after losing my back up child care provider, I could use a break Tues/Wed/Fri from 11:40 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.  What kind of times are these?  When my daughter attended, hours were 8:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. or something which gave me just enough time to run to BJ's and beat the horrific lines. Who cares.  Any free time is a good time right now if you're in my world.

Mommy Tip: Invite your child's friend to make separation a little easier.

South High School Pre-School Program
Duration of program: May 1 - 29 (Tues/Wed/Fri)
Time: 11:40 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.
Contact/Email: alir@vschsd.org
Registration Dealine: April 8th

Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment