Fitness Friday: Week 2


It's week 2'ish and I'm sad to report that I put back on four of the eight pounds lost the week before.  How?  During one training session of all women, the instructor mentioned how she had a cheat day.  A day where she ate what she wanted.  What I didn't hear her say in between reps, was that she ate a cheat "meal" not "meals."  I took a day off from eating right and went hard!  I had breakfast at Mitchells with a friend where I ordered pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, AND bacon.  When I say I went hard, I went hard.  I can't remember what I ate the rest of the day but I'm sure it was fried with a soda.  I won't do that again.  At least I'm not where I started.  I also completed four 50-minute group workout sessions with a trainer which included the Superman, lunges, running, weight lifting (bar and hand weights), jumping up/down on a step, and burpees (sp).  Weigh in is each Monday so from this past Monday through today, I have been to the gym 3 times where I have walked/run for approx. 6.25 miles burning approx. 780 calories.


I haven't been able to attend any workout sessions due to my daughter staying home from school Monday and my schedule not being compatible with the trainer's schedule.  My goal is to visit the gym at least two more times before weigh in on Monday and a little cardio at home.  Oh, and I will not stray from a healthy diet this week.  Well, I will try to do my best.  I am human and it is Friday.  Lord, help me.

Check back to learn how former Miss Brooklyn, Keelie Sheridan, now Mrs. Keelie Kurtz, made her transition from training for pageants to training for a healthy life.

Read Week 1


Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment