Fitness Friday: Valley Stream Mom Dea Myers

My fitness status is a bit stagnant right now after preparing for multiple trips.  However, I am doing my best to remain healthy, minus the Hostess cupcakes and soda.  King Kullen places them right at the checkout line which gets me every time.  Please pray for my will power.  I have just a little.

Please meet Dea Myers, a Valley Stream Mom of two who finds time for her legal career, family life, church and counsels others on being fit.

********************



Her Story

In 2009, I weighed about 200 pounds. That was the heaviest I had ever been (except during pregnancy) and I was not proud of it. About 5 years prior, I had been diagnosed with a metabolic disorder/thyroid disease also known as Hashimotos. I was always athletic and physically fit, but not being able to lose weight was a huge strain on me. I am a busy professional, with a family, and a life. I didn’t have time to go to the gym and outdoor activities in the Northeast are only weather-permitting. I felt like I had to do something!

Like many of us, I would sit and watch infomercials late at night, or early in the morning. For years I watched workout, health, and fitness infomercials but always thought those people aren’t me. One day my husband ordered P90X. I just knew it was going to sit on the shelf and collect dust, like so many other fitness VHS tapes (I’m dating myself), videos, and fitness equipment (bowflex, TRX, treadmill, heavy bag, gold’s gym something or other, you name it!) that we already owned. After about a week, I put in the DVD and followed the program. Before I knew it, I had completed 90 days and haven’t turned back since! In the interests of full disclosure, I could have done better with what I ate at that time. Thankfully, now I drink Shakeology which keeps me on track! After P90x, I did Insanity. After Insanity, I did Chalean Extreme. I continue my fitness journey and haven’t looked back!

Follow Dea here, on Twitter, and on Facebook to see what she's into these days.



0 comments:

Post a Comment