Chanukah Party @ RVC Recreation

My daughter has been asking me about Chanukah for a little over a week now and even asked if she could be Jewish.  Yes, that took me off guard momentarily but I decided to turn this into a teachable moment.  Being the daughter of a Pastor who lead a church for over 25 years prior to his retirement almost 10 years ago, I was only exposed to one type of religion.  Taking advantage of the various events that help my children learn about other cultures is healthy and educational for them as well as for myself.  I don't know anything about Chanukah but after tomorrow I'll know more than I did today.  You're never too old to stop learning.

Chanukah Coloring Pages

Chanukah Party
December 19th
Rockville Centre Department of Recreation
111 N. Oceanside Road
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Time: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Pre-K - 2nd Grade Students
Cost: Free
 
Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment