17,000 Visits and Counting Thanks to You

Good morning!

I want to start the week off by saying how much I appreciate all of you for making this blog such a success.  I can't believe that after just a few short months, Valley Stream Mom has had over 17,000 visitors.  I love the emails I receive showing appreciation for posting the information that is shared on this blog.  When we first moved here four years ago next month, I had no idea why type of activities were available for my children.  The community seemed family friendly but honestly we moved here because we were close to our church, friends, proximity to NYC, and I loved Brooklyn but I'm a midwest girl.  I needed space, a backyard, and a parking space.  I started this blog because I wanted to help new and young families "figure it all out" by promoting family friendly activities and everything that I would want to know as a resident. 


I'm still trying to figure out in which direction to take this blog.  For example, would you like more giveaways, more detailed information on the events in and near our village?  What is more important to you?  Would you like for me to highlight sports, arts, events, playspaces, mommy & me meetups, hearing from other moms/dads, decor, reviews, etc.?  I want this blog to be for you.  As a mom of two children almost 6 and almost 3.5, it is difficult for me to visit some of the events I blog about because of school, homework, and activities.  This is why I will be searching for 1-2 college interns in the near future.  If you know anyone, please let me know.  The blog will also have advertising rates which will be very affordable for all.

In the next few days, ValleyStreamMom.com will have a new look.  If you're a Facebook fan, then you'll have an idea of the new face of the blog.  In the meantime, please keep visiting, tell your friends, and enjoy the blog.

Take care,

Valley Stream Mom



Follow Valley Stream Mom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

3 comments:

  1. valley stream mom,

    I'd like to just let you know what a great job your are doing with this blog! I think adding a few morte things like sports, activities for children, drs, bday party places...etc..would be also great!
    I love your blog! it is great and easy to navigate:)
    Olga Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen Kennedy LeonMonday, 28 November, 2011

    I appreciate the blog- and enjoy what's your reports on what's going on--trying out different places-reporting on customer service-the good the bad and the just ok
    keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to find out if I've been lucky to win the leap pad for my son:)!!!!! can't wait to hear!!!!

    ReplyDelete