Not A Fan of Halloween?

Many of my friends do not participate in Halloween.  Growing up in a very strict Christian household (my dad pastored a church for over 25 years), we didn't either per say, but at some point we were allowed to trick or treat.  We never indulged in the spooky part of the "holiday" but definitely enjoyed trick 'o treating and dressing the the plastic costumes with plastic masks purchased from the grocery store.  My how times have changed.  Below I have decided to share a few alternatives and highlight what one can do this weekend in terms of decor to celebrate Fall harvest.

One of favorite place to spend is in the aisles of Home Goods.  I don't have to buy anything and many times I don't, but to be surrounded with such eclectic items is Heaven on earth to me.  I have the desire to decorate tables but have somehow convinced myself that either I don't have time, or my children will break and/or mess up the table.  I don't know for sure but maybe I will take the time, little by little, and decorate my dining room table. 

I

This table was designed by Grey Grey Designs I saw on Celebrationsathome.com


Fall is absolutely my 2nd favorite season next to Spring.  My dining room colors are fall-like and think this table setting would look perfect atop my lovely mahogany oblong table.

Another blog I frequent for the photos is Marriage to Motherhood.  Her home decor is simple yet functionally elegant.  I wonder how she keeps her home spotless with a 21 month old.


One would think that these are professional caterers, but nope.  The writer of the blog is a stay at home mom who loves to cook and keep her home beautiful.


You can read her blog by clicking here.  Enjoy the harvest!






Follow ValleyStreamMom on Facebook or on Twitter @valleystreammom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment