Happy First Day of School


The day has finally arrived.  I'm nervous and happy at the same time.  I'm not expecting tears from me or my daughter simply because she has attended a preschool program ever since she was 2 1/2 years old.  Separation is not a big deal, however riding the bus is.  Well, it is for me anyway.  She told me that she knows how to ride a bus after going on two field trips with previous classes.  I, of course, was at least two car lengths behind the bus clocking the bus speed the whole way.  But yes, she did survive.
Now that I'm talking this out at 12:09 a.m. the night before school resumes, I'm starting to feel a bit better.  However, I'm still nervous about letting her ride the bus back home.  I'm just afraid that she will get on the wrong bus or miss her stop because, let's face it, she likes to talk.  So for now, I will pick her up from school daily until my husband and I both feel comfy with the bus bringing her back home.  So with that said, I am happy for her and all of the other Kindergartners who are starting elementary school for the very first time.  This is a monumental step in your life as well as your parents.  I don't expect to cry because this is sort of old hat for me, however I will be the mom hanging onto the back of the bus in the morning. 

Today's Question of the Day: What time did you get up?  What did you pack in your kid's lunch? Are you driving or busing your kid to school?

Follow me on Twitter @valleystreammom or find me on Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment