Summer Camp is Over...Now What?


Summer is camp is over. My eldest enjoyed District 13 Summer Camp, I don’t think she’ll be going back next summer and I’m still on the fence about critiquing the camp. But now that camp has ended, what do we do now with the kids to keep their bodies and minds active? I had big plans for my eldest and I to take at least one mini-staycation and tour NYC as if we were tourists. She has been asking to ride the big red double decker bus for quite some time now and I was going to oblige her request. But I recently found out that my son’s day care provider will be on vacation next week. Apparently I had an unrevised copy of the vacation schedule and planned to be out of town the same week she was to be closed. Well now, the daycare will be closed a week earlier than I thought and there is absolutely no way I am taking two kids into Manhattan by myself. I am a strong woman and all but I know my limits. So now what should we do? There are five days to fill before we leave to visit my family’s home in Ohio. I am thinking of the following activities:




Valley Stream Pool - Valley Stream

White Post Farms - Ni Hao Kai Lan visits Aug 18 - 21

New York City Tour - New York City


Not in this particular order of course, but you get the drift. Maybe I will take the kids into the city for a day and ask my son’s Godmother to meet us? It’s always good to have Plan B, right?

How are you planning to spend the last weeks of summer before school starts?


0 comments:

Post a Comment